Puddlesuit, Raincoat Or Soft Jacket: Which To Choose?
With plenty of rainy days in the UK, it’s only smart to make sure your child is ready to brave the wet weather with quality waterproofs. With lots of different types of waterproof weather gear available, which should you choose? A lot of it will come down to personal preference and what your child prefers to wear.
It can start getting expensive when you need so many different types of outerwear for your child. From thick winter coats to thinner child raincoats - there are so many different types. Therefore it’s important to invest in outerwear that will last a long time and be worn often, all through the year.
Don’t let the rain and wind stop your child from getting out and enjoying the great outdoors. From summer showers to cold snow, we need wet weather gear all year round. If you’re on the hunt for the ideal rain jacket for your little one, read on to learn which is best suited for your child.
What is the difference between puddlesuits, raincoats and soft shell jackets?
One of the joys of being a child is that they can enjoy fun and interesting clothing items no matter their age. Puddlesuits, infant tops, swimwear and jumpers are all printed with cute animals and their favourite colours, which is what is so exciting for children. There are plenty of designs to choose from so what is the difference between these types of clothing?
Do you ever see your child getting close to a puddle and thinking ‘oh no’ as you know they’ll soon be ankle-deep in muddy water? A puddlesuit is a great option for kids that love to splash around. It’s an all-in-one suit that will keep kids dry no matter the weather. Not only this but as they are fleece lined so they will also keep your child warm in the winter! Whether heading out on the school run or building a snowman, a puddlesuit is perfect for keeping your child dry and warm.
If you’re looking for something a little more versatile, you may want to go for a simple raincoat. These are water-resistant outer layers that can be layered up with thick jumpers for the winter or worn with just a t-shirt in the summer. This is a much more practical option and is usually preferable for older kids. It also means you can buy waterproof trousers separately and have more options for different activities and events. For example, if you are going on holiday, you may not have space to pack a puddlesuit, but a waterproof jacket will fold down much smaller.
These are super comfy jackets that give kids a waterproof and wind-resistant outer layer that is also fleece lined. They are great for colder months and keep them nice and toasty. Ideal for autumn and spring, a soft shell jacket is an alternative to a thinner child's raincoat and a puddlesuit.
The benefits of puddlesuits
An all-in-one puddlesuit is a great investment for your child’s wardrobe, here’s why:
- No need to buy separate items of clothing. A puddlesuit has trousers and a jacket all in one, so it may be a more worthwhile investment than buying them separately.
- Easy to wear. No longer will you struggle to get your child dressed on a rainy day. Simply step into the puddlesuit and zip them up and they’ll be ready for a day of adventures.
- Less hassle. Some children can be fussy when it comes to multiple layers of clothing but with a puddlesuit they won’t have the chance to complain.
- Available in fun prints. Let your child pick out the print of their puddlesuit and they’ll love it!
- Less mess. The most obvious benefit of a puddlesuit is that your child is free to splash in as many muddy puddles as they want and they’ll still stay nice and dry.
- Keeps kids warm. Perfect for colder months, a puddlesuit will ensure your child stays warm and dry!
Why choose a hooded soft shell child's rain jacket?
A soft shell jacket is perfect for kids as they are comfortable and versatile. They offer your child the perfect mid-layer or outer layer for activities like hiking and camping but are also perfect for wearing on a daily basis such as to school or at the park.
Because they’re soft and comfortable, it means your child won’t be uncomfortable throughout the day and they’ll be happy to throw on their jacket whenever the sky looks a little grey.
When to wear a puddlesuit
If you’re not yet sold on how great a puddlesuit or soft shell jacket can be, here are a few rainy day activities to get you out and about in your rain gear.
- Make a mud kitchen. Give your kids a designated space to make a mess and they’ll have a ball!
- Create a mud pie. Fun for kids, but remind them not to actually eat it!
- Build leaf and twig boats. Using things found outside, build boats and then set them to sail on a local river or stream.
- Build a shelter. Make the rain into a challenge and get the kids to build a shelter to protect themselves.
- Hunt for insects and slugs. Some insects are more likely to come out in the rain, so it’s a great time to track them down.
- Create a raindrop orchestra with pots and pans and tin cans.
- Jump in puddles. Kids love jumping in puddles and if it’s raining there will be plenty to find.
- Go for a walk. Rainy days can be the best days to explore your neighbourhood. Take your umbrellas and dress in your finest puddlesuits before setting off.
- Go to the woods. The forest has plenty of natural protection from the rain so you can have hours of fun exploring.
- Go to the park. The park will be much quieter in the rain so you might get it all to yourselves. Just remember to stay safe as some equipment could be dangerous.
- On the way to school. Ever wake up in the morning and dread going out into the rain? Your kids will love the school run in the rain if they have the right wet weather gear. They can easily walk to school in a puddlesuit while keeping their uniform dry and then hang it up in the cloakroom ready to wear home after school.
Puddlesuits are great for lots of activities and will ensure your child keeps dry. No more tears over soggy clothes. Simply dress your child in a puddlesuit and tuck their suit into a pair of wellie boots. They are then able to have hours of fun splashing around in puddles, building shelters, exploring the forest or having adventures at the park.
Why choose ClayBear Official for your infant's outfits?
At ClayBear, we create and design clothes that are not just cute and fun, but also comfortable and durable. We understand how important it is to buy good quality clothing for your infant, which is why we created ClayBear. We offer a great range of child’s clothing including children's swimsuits, puddlesuits, pyjamas, infant tops and trousers. The last thing you want is to spend money on clothes only for your child to feel uncomfortable in them. That’s why we use super soft materials and test our clothes for durability before putting them on our site.
We believe our clothing is the best available for your child. Our nightwear is designed to keep your little one cosy and comfortable at night, created in beautiful designs that will make them excited for a restful night’s sleep.
Our delightful swimwear range comes in great designs that are perfect for holidays or chilling in the backyard. Whether you want a zip front all-in-one or a classic swimsuit design, our swimming costumes are perfect.
Our stock of rain and cold weather gear is ideal for kids who love getting outdoors - rain or shine. With practical puddlesuits and stylish soft shell jackets, your child will be equipped with the perfect clothing item to tackle any weather.
If you’re looking for comfortable, practical and cute infant outfits for your child, visit our website and take a look at our fantastic range. With everything from sleepwear to outerwear, we’ve got your child’s wardrobe sorted.